I had a craving for fries yet I’d kind of had enough of plain fries so I thought why not make some with a flavour? I love garlic and I had some mixed herbs so I thought they would go well together….. I think I ended up making one of my best food creations to date. I served these fries with pink sauce( ketchup and mayonnaise) which were the perfect dip.
Some Potatoes( I used 5-6 Charlotte potatoes because that was what I had in)
Olive oil and or olive spread
3-4 cloves of garlic (or more depending on how much fries you are making)
Mixed herbs (I used dried italian herbs from Tesco that come in a jar)
1. Preparation- peel the potatoes and chop into fries. Mince the garlic using a garlic crusher or just chop it by hand using a knife.
2. Boil the potatoes for about 5mins, drain, soak up any excess water with paper towel and set aside
3. Put in a pan the minced garlic, some olive oil and/or olive spread (I used probably 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil then 3-4 tablespoons of olive spread which gives more of a buttery taste) and some herbs (I used about a tablespoon)- with the quantities, I have no exact measurements, just go with the flow….. Anyway, let the flavours infuse whilst on a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes
4. Enjoy the aromas of heaven
5. Pour the garlic mixtures over the fries and combine until the fries are well coated
6. Take a non stick baking tray and spread the fries all over, preferably in a single layer, and then pour over any excessive garlic mixture
7. Bake in an oven at 230 degrees C for about 45-60 mins, flipping the fries occasionally, until they are crispy and a little browned. As you go along, remove any fries that are ready faster than others to avoid burnt fries and ensure maximum amount of fries to enjoy!
8. When the fries are done, soak of any excess oil with paper towel and serve them immediately with ketchup and mayonnaise dip!
I really hope you try these and enjoy them as much as I did! X