Noodles with spinach, broccoli, garlic, quorn mince, eggs and sweet chilli!
I made these with zero noodles but any noodles will do really. I have recently been trying zero noodles as an apparently healthier version on regular noodles. They claim to be calorie, sat fat, carb, sugar, wheat, gluten and soy free and also organic. To be honest, I’m not really trying to avoid any of those things but I thought I’d give them a go anyway. I’ve heard that these noodles are supposed to absorb the flavour of what they are cooked with. This is what I made up for my dinner this evening and it ended up tasting goooood.
1 block frozen spinach
Few florets of broccoli
2 cloves ginger chopped or crushed
Tablespoon olive oil
Half a bag of zero noodles
1/2 cup quorn mince
1 egg beaten with pinch of salt and pepper
30ml sweet chilli sauce, I used Blue Dragon
Sprinkle of chilli powder
1. Boil spinach and chopped broccoli
2. In the meantime, either chop up really finally or crush the garlic and add to a pan with the olive oil, stir fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the drained veg to the pan and stir fry for a few minutes then set aside in a bowl
4. In the pan, add the quorn mince and cook in a low- medium heat for a minute or 2 continuously stirring.
5. Having rinsed the noodles under cold water and drained them, add to the pan with the quorn and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the veg back into the pan and stir well.
7. Push the contents of the pan to one side and add the egg and cook, breaking it up into small pieces
8. When the egg is cooked, stir all the contents of the pan together.
9. Add the sweet chilli sauce and sprinkle of chilli powder and combine into pan contents
10. Cook and stir fry on a low heat for a further couple of minute, then serve.
This is a quick, easy, delicious and healthy meal…..enjoy! 🙂
I had a craving for fries yet I’d kind of had enough of plain fries so I thought why not make some with a flavour? I love garlic and I had some mixed herbs so I thought they would go well together….. I think I ended up making one of my best food creations to date. I served these fries with pink sauce( ketchup and mayonnaise) which were the perfect dip.
Some Potatoes( I used 5-6 Charlotte potatoes because that was what I had in)
Olive oil and or olive spread
3-4 cloves of garlic (or more depending on how much fries you are making)
Mixed herbs (I used dried italian herbs from Tesco that come in a jar)
1. Preparation- peel the potatoes and chop into fries. Mince the garlic using a garlic crusher or just chop it by hand using a knife.
2. Boil the potatoes for about 5mins, drain, soak up any excess water with paper towel and set aside
3. Put in a pan the minced garlic, some olive oil and/or olive spread (I used probably 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil then 3-4 tablespoons of olive spread which gives more of a buttery taste) and some herbs (I used about a tablespoon)- with the quantities, I have no exact measurements, just go with the flow….. Anyway, let the flavours infuse whilst on a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes
4. Enjoy the aromas of heaven
5. Pour the garlic mixtures over the fries and combine until the fries are well coated
6. Take a non stick baking tray and spread the fries all over, preferably in a single layer, and then pour over any excessive garlic mixture
7. Bake in an oven at 230 degrees C for about 45-60 mins, flipping the fries occasionally, until they are crispy and a little browned. As you go along, remove any fries that are ready faster than others to avoid burnt fries and ensure maximum amount of fries to enjoy!
8. When the fries are done, soak of any excess oil with paper towel and serve them immediately with ketchup and mayonnaise dip!
I really hope you try these and enjoy them as much as I did! X
Garlic and herb fries, honey roasted chicken breast, pink sauce and broccoli 🙂